Were you injured in a Manhattan construction accident that wasn’t your fault? Our Manhattan construction accident lawyers can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
We represent construction workers and their loved ones in cases involving:
- Falling on a construction site
- Falling from unsafe scaffolds and ladders
- Crane accidents
- Electrical shock & electrocution
- Faulty equipment
- Safety violations
- Failure to provide safety devices
- Falling from roofs
- Objects falling from high places
- Falling through holes and faulty flooring
- …or other accident scenario
We work on a contingency basis, which means you only pay a fee if we are successful in receiving compensation for your injuries. There are no up-front costs for you to pay.
Please get in touch for a free consultation.
How Common Are Construction Accidents In Manhattan?
In 2019 there were a total of 312 construction related accidents in Manhattan. These accidents resulted in 332 injuries and 6 fatalities.
Between January and June 2020, 126 construction accidents were reported, resulting in 130 injuries. No deaths were reported in the first 6 months of 2020.
In each year Manhattan was the New York borough with the highest number of reported construction accidents.
What Are The Most Common Causes Of Construction Accidents In Manhattan?
In 2019 the most common (individually reported) cause of construction accidents in Manhattan was worker falls, with 74 such accidents recorded by NYC Buildings during the year.
The second most common cause was material falling, which accounted for 34 accidents.
Below is a full breakdown for 2019:
- Other construction related incidents: 191
- Worker falls: 74
- Material falls: 34
- Mechanical construction equipment: 8
- Scaffold/Shed/Fence/Shoring/Installation: 5
Notable Construction Accidents In Manhattan
- In July 2020, one individual was killed and three others were injured after scaffolding covering a Manhattan building collapsed.
- In October 2019, a collapsed wall at a Manhattan construction site killed one worker and injured another.
- In April 2019 a construction worker was crushed to death when a crane counterweight fell on him at a Manhattan construction site.
- In December 2019 two construction workers were injured after a lift they were using on a Manhattan construction site tilted into a building.
Which Areas Of Manhattan Do We Serve?
Our attorneys can accept construction accident cases throughout Manhattan (New York County), including: Lower Manhattan, the East Village, the West Village, Greenwich Village, Chinatown, the Lower East Side, Battery Park City, Yorkville, Murray Hill, Turtle Bay, Washington Heights, the Meat Packing District, Chelsea, Hudson Yards, midtown Manhattan, the Upper East Side, the Upper West Side, Harlem, and Upper Manhattan.
We’re Ready To Assist With Your Manhattan Construction Accident Case
Our highly experienced construction accident lawyers are ready to represent you, and will fight tirelessly for the justice and compensation you deserve for your injuries.
And unlike many firms, we are fully prepared to take your case to trial.
Please get in touch today for your free consultation.