“It’s no one’s fault.” That’s what they want you to believe. But the truth is that your injuries—whether received on a construction site or the streets of New York—may be due to someone else’s negligence. You have a right to hold that party responsible for your medical bills, lost earnings, future medical care, and even the anguish you’ve suffered. The personal injury lawyers at De Caro & Kaplen, LLP can help you take the first step.
What Happened to You?
- Burn Injury. Are you facing physical pain, multiple surgeries, and scarring due to a fire or explosion? Our burn injury attorneys can assist you in identifying the company or individual responsible for this catastrophe and hold them accountable.
- Construction Accident. All workers deserve a safe and secure job site. If your injury happened at work, you could be eligible for benefits in addition to Workers’ Compensation. Talk to our experienced construction accident lawyers today.
- Crime. Your assault probably would not have occurred if the landlord or property owner had provided proper safety and security. Our legal team will work hard to prove who is at fault for the incident and bring the wrongdoer to justice.
- Municipal Accident. From substandard roads to inattentive city drivers, countless people are injured every year from government carelessness. Our New York lawyers can help you file your municipal liability claim on time and protect your rights.
- Premises Accident. Were you hurt due to unsafe conditions in an apartment or public place? Get the De Caro & Kaplen, LLP premise liability lawyers on your side. Your accident didn’t “just happen,” and we have the skills and expertise to prove it in court.
Shana De Caro and Michael Kaplen have been selected as New York Super Lawyers for their skilled representation of clients in personal injury cases.
Preferred Attorneys: Brain Injury Association of America
Long after the scars have healed, traumatic brain injuries can leave lasting functional impairments as well as serious neurological conditions. Our law firm, designated as “Preferred Attorneys” by BIAA, concentrates its practice in representing victims of brain trauma. We understand the complex aftermath of brain damage and how to obtain compensation that adequately reflects the physical, emotional, and financial tolls on victims and their families.
Justice for Everyday People
At De Caro & Kaplen, LLP, we believe the American justice system should be accessible to everyone—not just those with money to burn. We represent ordinary people from all walks of life: like construction workers, college students, working professionals, and the elderly. Our “no fee unless we win” approach makes it possible for you to hire the most qualified personal injury attorney, no matter the size of your bank account.
Why Choose Us?
We know that selecting an attorney isn’t an easy decision. Do a Google search for “New York personal injury lawyers,” and you’ll get many pages of listings—it can feel overwhelming! Here are a few important questions to ask yourself as you’re evaluating firms:
- Is the attorney experienced in my case type? Our partners, Shana De Caro and Michael Kaplen, have been practicing personal injury law exclusively for over 40 years. They’ve received numerous awards for their contributions to the field.
- Will I be treated with compassion? Shana and Michael are both skilled attorneys and caring human beings. You’re treated with kindness and respect from your very first contact with our firm. Our limited caseload allows us to make you a priority.
- Has the firm won a lot of cases? De Caro & Kaplen, LLP has a long track record of winning settlements for our clients, including many in the multi-million dollar range.