If An Ear, Nose, & Throat Doctor Caused You Serious Harm in New York, Our Medical Malpractice Attorneys Can Help You Take Action.
Did an otolaryngologist or ear, nose, and throat (ENT) doctor fail to deliver proper care and treatment, resulting in injury to you or a loved one? You could be entitled to financial compensation for the huge medical bills, loss of income, and physical hardships you have sustained. Contact the medical malpractice attorneys at De Caro & Kaplen, LLP to find out how you can protect your rights.
What is an Otolaryngologist?
An otolaryngologist is a physician who specializes in the ear, nose, and throat, and may also be referred to as an ENT doctor or specialist. Otolaryngologists diagnose and treat a range of patient issues, including ear infections, hearing loss, allergies, and even cancers of the head and neck. Since these providers deal with conditions affecting areas close to the brain, any errors they make can have dangerous and potentially life-threatening consequences. Errors that may make an otolaryngologist liable for medical malpractice include:
- Failure to order the appropriate test, such as an MRI or CT scan
- Failure to accurately interpret a study ordered
- Failure to diagnose or treat a patient’s condition appropriately
- Failure to perform surgery or another procedure properly
Shocking Cases of ENT Malpractice
The attorneys at De Caro & Kaplen, LLP have over 40 years of experience investigating and prosecuting otolaryngology malpractice cases. The incidents of ENT provider negligence we’ve seen are mind-blowing:
- In one case handled by our attorneys, a young man with severe headaches was taken by his mother to the local hospital’s ER. A CT scan showed he was suffering from sinusitis in all of his sinus cavities. Despite the seriousness of his condition, the doctors failed to drain his sinuses or administer proper antibiotics. This allowed the situation to worsen, and the infection progressed into his brain and caused devastating brain damage. After reviewing his medical records and CT scans with qualified experts, our lawyers determined that the spread of his infection was preventable had the proper surgical and medical care been rendered.
- In another case, a surgeon was attempting to remove a polyp from our client’s nose. Because of poor surgical technique, he pulled too hard and perforated the thin layer of bone between the nasal cavity and the brain. While removing the polyp, he also removed a portion of our client’s brain, resulting in devastating injury.
Choose a Firm With Plenty of Experience
When you’re searching for an attorney, you want someone who knows what they’re doing. Someone with a history of going head-to-head with doctors, hospitals, and insurance companies who like to throw their weight around. You’ll find that “someone” at De Caro & Kaplen, LLP. We offer:
- Attorneys who each have 35+ years in personal injury law
- Success in litigating ENT medical malpractice cases
- Focused knowledge in traumatic brain injury claims
- A track record of winning large settlements and verdicts for our clients
- A contingency fee model, so you pay no out of pocket fees
On top of their impressive credentials, our firm’s partners, Shana De Caro and Michael Kaplen, are committed client advocates who believe all victims of medical malpractice should be able to obtain legal redress in our courts of law. Let Shana and Michael use their passion and their experience to get you the justice that’s rightfully yours.
Do you have a valid medical malpractice claim? Contact us today.